This blog post tackles QuickBooks Enterprise Error 3371, a common problem with QB desktop software for businesses. The site also goes into potential reasons for QuickBooks error 3371 and fixes that might work. Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software is another option for repairing damaged QB data files. Data files from QuickBooks 2021 or earlier versions can be fixed.
Despite its features-rich (and quite trustworthy) Accounting software for professionals, QuickBooks suffers issues reported and debated in user forums. One of these issues is the 3371 error code for QuickBooks
What is the QuickBooks Enterprise Error 3371?.
The following situations would result in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise displaying an error code 3371 and the message “QuickBooks cannot load the license information”:
- If you’re trying to open or activate QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software
- While reconfiguring your desktop
The problem usually happens due to damaged or missing QuickBooks File. The 3370 QuickBooks error by using one number of status codes listed below:
- QuickBooks Error 3371, with Status Code 11103
- QuickBooks Error 3371, with Status Code 11104
- QuickBooks Error 3371 and Status Code 11118
- QuickBooks Error 3371 using Status Code 1
QuickBooks Enterprise Error 3371: Causes and Solutions
Below are some reasons for The QuickBooks Error Code 3371, as well as the solutions:
1rd Reason: Issues with registration and licensing
The encrypted installation data for QuickBooks Desktop is stored in the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file, which is part of the QuickBooks Entitlement file. The file contains the product and license details needed to complete QuickBooks validation. The QuickBooks Desktop Version installation’s validation process for QuickBooks.
QuickBooks won’t open if the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file becomes corrupted or damaged; it may also display the message “QuickBooks 3371 problem with a status number 11104.”
SOLUTION – DELETE AND RE-CREATE DAMAGED ‘ENTITLEMENTDATASTORE.ECML’ FILE
Deleting and re-creating the QB ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file may help resolve the QuickBooks 3371 error. To do this take these steps:
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT)
- Shut down all QuickBooks procedures. To do so:
- Task Manager. Open the Task Manager.
- On on the processes tab, find QBW32.EXE. Select it, after that, select to close the process. Repeat this process for each instance of QBW32.EXE.
- Start your QuickBooks Access Data folder on you Windows OS by following these steps:
- Use the keys “Windows + R” to open “Run” dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and hit OK.
- From the dialog box that pops-up, right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and click Delete.
- Start QuickBooks once more and then follow directions to sign up your QuickBooks software.
- These steps are compatible with QuickBooks versions 2013 to 2016
- For certain earlier versions of the QuickBooks program, users are able to contact Intuit to finish the registration process as it could be complex.
2rd Reason: Accessing a shared network to access a QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise file
In the event that you attempt to access a QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise file over a shared network without first storing it locally on your machine, you may see the “QuickBooks Enterprise Error 3371″ message. Because the save file might be opened by other network users, an inadequately saved file may disappear or become damaged.
The QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise file locally on your computer prior to connecting to it via on the network shared with others.
SOLUTION: SAVE YOUR QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP ENTERPRISE FILE TO A LOCAL DRIVE
If, however, the QuickBooks file gets lost or is damaged, the QuickBooks File Recovery software could be very helpful. Here’s how:
- It is able to repair severely damaged and damaged QuickBooks files.
- Retrieves the data from the file in the original format
- Its intuitive, rich GUI makes it easy and smooth recovery
- It is able to fix all kinds of issues in QuickBooks Data File
- The trial trial for free gives you an opportunity to preview the recovered data that is an excellent value
3rd Reason: Missing or broken installation file or component
There can be a missing or corrupted file or component needed to run QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Typically, this denotes two things:
QBregistration.dat The information for licensing your QuickBooks account is contained in this QuickBooks Desktop Installation file. When the “QBregistration.dat” file is corrupt, QuickBooks won’t be able to open.
MSXML component To use QuickBooks on your desktop, you must first install the Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) component. The Qbregistration.dat file, which is necessary to launch QuickBooks, is accessed by the component. Therefore, if the MSXML component is broken or missing, you won’t be able to start your QuickBooks Desktop edition.
SOLUTION: INSTALLQUICKBOOKS TOOL HUB AND RUN ERROR 3371 SOLUTION
Take these actions to fix the error 3371 on QuickBooks Desktop:
Note: Make sure you close all running QB programs prior to download or using any QB tool.
1. Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Note: If you’ve already downloaded the tool hub, skip step 2.
Download and install the most recent Version 18.104.22.168 from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
Follow the instructions on the screen and accept the terms and conditions.
After installation is completed Once the installation is completed, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub’ icon on your desktop. This will bring up your QuickBooks Tool Hub window.
Step 2: Run 3371 Error Fix
- Within the QuickBooks Tool Hub window, select Troubleshooting Installation.
- Select the 3371 error fix Click on 3371 Error Fix, then click on the “OK” button.
4rd Reason: Old Windows OS:
It’s possible that you’re using an outdated version of Windows, which might cause a damaged or unsuccessful installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION: INSTALL THE LATEST WINDOWS UPDATES
Take these actions to ensure that you’re Windows OS is updated:
- Click on the Windows icon.
- Choose the All Programs Then click Windows Update.
- After the updates have been installed After the updates are installed, you can install QuickBooks again.
Note: Follow the steps above or contact the System Administrator for Windows updates.
5rd Reason: QuickBooks File is Being Blocked by Antivirus Software
If you have an antivirus product like AVG Anti-Virus PC Internet Security or another similar one installed on your computer, it’s probable that QuickBooks Error 3371 will occur. The affected QuickBooks Desktop files can be quarantined (or isolated).
SOLUTION – SEARCH FOR THE QUARANTINED QUICKBOOKS DOCUMENTS
Examine the deleted QuickBooks files and then restore the needed files.
‘QuickBooks Enterprise Error 3371’ could be brought on by corrupted or missing data in a QuickBooks file. The QuickBooks Entitlement Data File may be malfunctioning, you may be using an outdated version of Windows, or you may be trying to access a shared network file that you haven’t stored on your computer.